Church Team at St. Francis
Priest in Charge of St. Francis
Our church is led by Rev’d Fr Alasdair Kay MA OSF.
He is a Franciscan and is married to Nicky. They live in the Vicarage just behind the Church. You will also if you go to their house quite possibly bump into their adult children, grandchildren and pet Beagle Bessie.
Fr Alasdair has a number of interests such as Franciscan spirituality, evangelism, social action, long distance walking and good real ale.
The other roles of Fr Alasdair
- He is a part of the Order of St. Francis a new Monastic Order in the Anglican Communion
- He is the Priest Responsible for the Anglican Camino Chaplaincy a Fresh Expression of Church in the Diocese in Europe.
- He is the Chair of Derby City Vision
- He is a Trustee to the Bridge Chapel
- Fr Alasdair serves on the Deanery leadership team and is a member of Diocesan Synod in Derby Diocese. He is also a part of the National Estates Church Network.
Church Support Team
Our Church Wardens are John and Angeline Murray who have lived on the Estate for years going to school here and raising a family. They have two sons and have recently become grandparents.
PCC Secretary (and safeguarding officer)
Our PCC Secretary and Safeguarding Officer is Jennifer Dean.
Our Treasurer is Mike Daykin.
Based in St. Francis is Reverend Canon Christine Dyer MA. Whilst retired Chris is a very experienced member of clergy and serves the Diocese in a number of ways most especially in coordinating retired clergy with permission to officiate. She is able to occasionally takes services at St. Francis but often she is required to help other churches within the Diocese.